International Taxation

We offer multifaceted international tax services that help minimize tax burden and increase net income.
We ensure compliance with the most recent tax laws and provide the most efficient solution to avoid many risks inherent in international businesses.

Tax Services Outbound to Korea from the US

With overseas investment and transaction by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident constantly growing, tax issues can inevitably arise. Without deliberate planning, investing another country may give rise to poor performance. We can minimize potential tax cost and facilitate after-tax liquidity by addressing prospective tax issues which could affect pending or future investment. Our experts provide you with solutions:

How we can support you:
[Korean] Tax Health Check and Tax Audit Assistance
With considering total circumstance of Korea tax system, we can help you identify and solve potential tax issues. As Korean tax authorities have introduced the diverse audit skills, we can provide you with appropriate audit defense services to decrease additional tax assessment and liabilities. [Korean] Tax Appeal and Ruling Request assistance
One of taxpayer’s most concerns is disputes against tax authorities resulting from tax assessment. We put it in a top priority to persuade tax authorities in favor of clients or win the case.
[Korean] Estate Tax
If a U.S. citizen or permanent dies leaving property in Korea, inherited properties in Korea will be subject to inheritance tax in Korea as well as in the U.S.
[Korean] Gift Tax
If a U.S. citizen or permanent as a donee receives asset in Korea from Korean resident, a donee will be subject to report and pay gift tax in Korea. [Korean] Capital Gains Tax
If a U.S. citizen or permanent sells investment assets such as real property and stocks, you should report and pay transfer income tax in Korea and the U.S.
[Korean] Advisory Services
FDI Tax Exemption Advisory Services
[USA] Report of Foreign Bank & Financial Accounts (“FBAR”)
If you have more than $10,000 in your foreign financial account (outside the US including Korea) at any time during the year, you must complete FinCen 114 and report to the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
[USA] Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”)
If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident living in Korea and you have more than $200,000 of foreign financial assets at the end of the year ($400,000 for MFJ) or $300,000 at any time during the year ($600,000 for MFJ), you must submit Form 8938 along with the federal tax return.